Wednesday 22 February 2012

Penal Legion Troopers


So I haven't had much time for modelling in general, and as for Praetorians, not much further forward with my guys apart from acquiring some more! But I did manage to finish my other four Victoria Lamb kit Penal Legion Troopers. Spent a bit more time on these ones than the last guy and think they look better for it, they have also got the bases I settled on. One thing I have decided is I don't like the Red Gore as the main red colour for the Praetorians, its too dark and a bit purple, so I am going to go with the Mechrite Red with Blood highlights and will update the red on these guys. Hope you like, as always comments welcome.







2 comments:

  1. Very impressive and the bases look really good too. I see what you mean about the red, how do you do it? I only ask because I use Red Gore and I might be able to help to make it look more red. But on first look I would say you paint straight over a black undercoat, or you use a foundation paint first then use red gore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, I do Black undercoat, Mechrite Red, Black wash for recesses, then a layer of Red Gore. The whole model has then had a Devlan Mud wash. For some reason its turned very purpley. I wasn't entirely sure about it as the jacket colour anyway but now I think I will definitely be going for a Brighter Red. I really like Mechrite with a red wash and I am going to try that out. I have decided to try out white epaulettes as well as I think I prefer them to the gold! Thanks for the idea. Take care in the Stan by the way.

      Delete